Author:Alfred North Whitehead
(Redirected from Alfred North Whitehead)
|←Author Index: Wh||Alfred North Whitehead
|English mathematician who became a philosopher. He wrote on algebra, logic, foundations of mathematics, philosophy of science, physics, metaphysics, and education|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. N. W."
- A Treatise on Universal Algebra with Applications, 1898
- Principia Mathematica (with Bertrand Russell), 1910–1913
- An Introduction to Mathematics, 1911
- The Organization of Thought Educational and Scientific, 1917
- An Enquiry Concerning the Principles of Natural Knowledge, 1919
- The Concept of Nature, 1920, Lectures delivered at Trinity College.
- The Principle of Relativity with Applications to Physical Science., 1922
- On Cardinal Numbers (1920) in American Journal of Mathematics.
- Bertrand Russell; and (Part VII. Axioms of Geometry) (Part VI. Non-Euclidean Geometry) with