And Dost Thou Say
And Dost Thou Say by John Newton
- And dost Thou say, “Ask what thou wilt”?
- Lord, I would seize the golden hour;
- I pray to be released from guilt,
- And freed from sin and Satan’s power.
- More of Thy presence, Lord, impart,
- More of Thine image let me bear;
- Erect Thy throne within my heart,
- And reign without a rival there.
- Give me to read my pardon sealed,
- And from Thy joy to draw my strength;
- To have Thy boundless love revealed
- In all its height, and breadth, and length.
- Grant these requests—I ask no more,
- But to Thy care the rest resign;
- Living or dying, rich or poor,
- All shall be well if Thou art mine.