|←Author Index: Sm||Adam Smith
|Scottish political economist and moral philosopher whose work is credited as the genesis of the modern discipline of economics.|
- The Theory of Moral Sentiments (1759) (external scan)
- The Wealth of Nations (1776) An inquiry into the nature and causes of the wealth of nations (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- Vol 1
- Vol 2
Works about SmithEdit
- "Smith, Adam," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Smith, Adam," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Smith, Adam," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Adam Smith and 'The Wealth of Nations'" The Harvard Classics Vol. 51
- "Obituary of Adam Smith," The Times, 24 July 1790