Author:Alexander Wilson (1766-1813)
For authors with similar names, see Author:Alexander Wilson.
|←Author Index: Wi||Alexander Wilson
|Scottish and American poet and ornithologist|
- Watty and Meg, or the Wife Reformed
- The tears of Britain. A poem.
- 1808-1814. American Ornithology; or, the Natural History of the Birds of the United States (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
- 1800. Watty and Meg: or the wife reclaimed, (external scan) together with: Habbie Sampson and his wife or, a new way of raising the wind: Donald and his dog: the West Kintra weaver turned teetotaler: the Loss o' the pack: John Tamson's cart: Takin' it out o' his mouth.
- 1800. Rab and Ringan: a tale as delivered in the Pantheon, Edinburgh by the author of Watty and Meg; to which is added The twa cats and the cheese, a tale.
- 1801. Oration, on the power and value of national liberty delivered to a large assembly of citizens, at Milestown, Pennsylvania, on Wednesday, March 4, 1801. Philadelphia
- 1814. The Foresters: A Poem, (external scan)
- The poetical works of Alexander Wilson, 1844 (external scan)
Works about WilsonEdit
- "Sketch of Alexander Wilson" in Popular Science Monthly, 36 (January 1890)
- "Wilson, Alexander," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Wilson, Alexander (1766-1813)," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Wilson, Alexander," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Wilson, Alexander," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- Alexander Wilson, Poet-Naturalist: A Study of His Life with Selected Poems by James Southall Wilson. (external scan)
- Wilson the Ornithologist: A New Chapter in His Life by Allan Park Paton. 1863. (external scan)
- Sketch of the Life of Alexander Wilson by George Ord. 1828. (external scan)
- Biographical Sketch of the Late Alexander Wilson to a Young Friend by Thomas Crichton. 1819.
- Stone, Witmer. 1906. "Some Unpublished Letters of Alexander Wilson and John Abbot." The Auk, Vol. 23, No. 4 (Oct., 1906), pp. 361–368.
- The poems and literary prose of Alexander Wilson, the American ornithologist. by Alexander Balloch Grosart, 1827-1899. (1876) (external scan)