Author:Marc Aurel Stein
(Redirected from Author:Aurel Stein)
|←Author Index: St||Marc Aurel Stein
|Hungarian-British archaeologist, primarily known for his explorations and archaeological discoveries in Central Asia; knighted; professor at various Indian universities|
- Detailed Report on an Archaeological Tour with the Buner Field Force, Lahore, Punjab Government Press. 1898.
- Kalhaṇa's Rājataraṅgiṇī – A Chronicle of the Kings of Kaśmīr, 2 vols. London, A. Constable & Co. Ltd. 1900. (Vol 1, Vol 2)
- Sand-Buried Ruins of Khotan, London, Hurst and Blackett, Ltd. 1904.
- Report of Archaeological Survey Work in the North-West Frontier Province and Baluchistan, Peshawar, Government Press, N.W. Frontier Province. 1905.
- Ancient Khotan: Detailed report of archaeological explorations in Chinese Turkestan, 2 vols. Clarendon Press. Oxford. 1907.
- Ruins of Desert Cathay: Personal Narrative of Explorations in Central Asia and Westernmost China, 2 vols. London, Macmillan & Co. 1912.
- Serindia: Detailed report of explorations in Central Asia and westernmost China, 5 vols. London & Oxford, Clarendon Press. 1921.
- The Thousand Buddhas: ancient Buddhist paintings from the cave-temples of Tung-huang on the western frontier of China.
- "A Chinese expedition across the Pamirs and Hindukush, A.D. 747." Indian Antiquary 1923.
- Innermost Asia: Detailed Report of Explorations in Central Asia, Kan-su and Eastern Iran, 5 vols. Oxford, Clarendon Press. 1928.
- On Alexander's Track to the Indus: Personal Narrative of Explorations on the North-West Frontier of India. London, Macmillan & Co. 1929.
- On Ancient Central Asian Tracks: Brief Narrative of Three Expeditions in Innermost Asia and Northwestern China. 1932.