- Memoir Concerning the Fascinating Faculty Which Has been Ascribed to the Rattle-Snake (1796)
- Etymology of Certain English Words and on Their Affinity to Words in the Languages of Different European, Asiatic and American (Indian) Nations and a text on the origin of the first American people, New Views of the Origin of the Tribes and Nations of America (1797).
- Collections for An Essay Towards a Materia Medica of the United-States (1798-1804)
- Elements of botany, or Outlines of the natural history of vegetables (1803)
- Edited the Philadelphia Medical and Physical Journal (1802-05)