Author:Booker Taliaferro Washington
|←Author Index: Wa||Booker Taliaferro Washington
|African-American political leader, educator and author; dominant figure in African-American history from 1890 to 1915|
- The Atlanta Compromise, 1895. Audio recording of the speech: Image:Booker T. Washington, Speech, 1895.ogg
- The Awakening of the Negro
- The Case of the Negro
- Telegram from President Booker T. Washington of the Tuskegee Normal and Industrial Institute in “Letters and Telegrams received” from Banquet to the Honorable Carl Schurz, Delmonico's Restaurant, New York City, March 2, 1899.
- Up From Slavery, 1901
- The Negro Problem (collection of essays), 1903 (editor).
- “Industrial Education for the Negro” in The Negro Problem, 1903 (contributor).
- “ADDRESS OF DR. BOOKER T. WASHINGTON” from New York Committee of the Carl Schurz Memorial, Addresses in Memory of Carl Schurz, Carnegie Hall, November 21, 1906.
- Frederick Douglass (Philadelphia, 1907), in the series of American Crisis Biographies.
Works about WashingtonEdit
- W.E.B. DuBois, “III. Of Mr. Booker T. Washington and Others,” from The Souls of Black Folk
- Elbert Hubbard, “Booker T. Washington,” from Little Journeys to the Homes of Great Teachers
- Booker T. Washington Handbill (1909), a flyer from Washington's Virginia tour
- Booker T. Washington, a poem by Paul Laurence Dunbar.
- Paul Laurence Dunbar, Representative American Negroes has a section on Washington.
- "Washington, Booker Taliaferro," in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1889)
- "Washington, Booker Taliaferro," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Washington, Booker Taliaferro," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Washington, Booker Taliaferro," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- "Washington, Booker Taliaferro," in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- "Washington, Booker Taliaferro," in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- "Washington, Booker Taliaferro," in Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed., 1922)