Author:Charles Francis Adams (1807-1886)
For authors with similar names, see Author:Charles Francis Adams.
|←Author Index: Ad||Charles Francis Adams
|John Quincy Adams and Louisa Catherine JohnsonAmerican lawyer, politician, diplomat and writer; son of President|
- Memoirs of John Quincy Adams, comprising portions of his diary from 1795 to 1848 (1874), edited by his son Charles Francis Adams. Twelve volumes. See John Quincy Adams.
Works about AdamsEdit
- “Adams, Charles Francis” by Thompson Cooper in Men of the Time (11th ed.), 1884.
- "Adams, Charles Francis," in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1900)
- "Adams, Charles Francis," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Adams, Charles Francis (diplomatist)," in The Biographical Dictionary of America, Boston: American Biographical Society (1906)
- "Adams, Charles Francis," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Adams, Charles Francis," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- "Adams, Charles Francis," in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- "Adams, Charles Francis," in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- “Adams, John” by Joseph McCabe in A Biographical Dictionary of Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Freethinkers, 1945.