Author:Charles Herbert Mayo
|←Author Index: Ma||Charles Herbert Mayo
|Dorset clergyman and antiquarian; Canon of Salisbury Cathedral, first Dorset editor of Somerset and Dorset Notes and Queries|
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "C. H. M."
- History of Wimborne Minster (1860) (external scan)
- A genealogical account of the Mayo and Elton families of the counties of Wilts and Hereford (1882) (external scan)
- Bibliotheca Dorsetiensis (1885) (external scan)
- (ed.) The Registers of Long Burton, Dorset: From 1580 to 1812 (1894) (external scan)
- (ed.) The registers of Caundle Bishop, Dorset : from 1570 to 1814 (1895) (external scan)
- (ed.) The registers of Lydlinch, Co. Dorset. From 1559-1812 (1899) (external scan)
- (ed.) A feodary of Glastonbury Abbey (1910) (external scan)
Works about MayoEdit
- "Mayo, Charles Herbert," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Death: Rev. Canon Charles Herbert Mayo," in The Times (1929)
- "Probate: Rev. Dr. Charles Herbert Mayo," in The Times (1929)