|←Author Index: Ki||Charles Kingsley
|English clergyman and novelist known for his descriptive faculties; works include the children's classic, The Water Babies and Westward Ho! |
The icon identifies that the work includes a spoken word version.
- The Water Babies
- Westward Ho!
- The Heroes, or Greek Fairy Tales for My Children
- Yeast (1848-51)
- Alton Locke (1850) (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- Two Tears Ago
- Sir Walter Raleigh and his Time, with other Papers.
Articles Popular Science MonthlyEdit
- "The Study of Physical Science" in Popular Science Monthly, 1 (August 1872)
- "Popular Geology" in Popular Science Monthly, 1 (September 1872)
Works about KingsleyEdit
- "Kingsley, Charles," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Canon Kingsley" in Cartoon portraits and biographical sketches of men of the day, by anonymous, illustrated by Frederick Waddy, London: Tinsley Brothers, 1873.
- "Kingsley, Charles," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- "Kingsley, Charles," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.