|←Author Index: Ly||Charles Lyell
|Scottish geologist famous for his Principles of Geology, the beginning of modern geology|
- Principles of Geology (1830) (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3, 4) Supplementary material in Charles Darwin's copy
- Glossary of Geological and other Scientific terms used in Principles of Geology
- Elements of Geology (1838) (external scan)
- Eight lectures on geology, 1842 (external scan)
- Every man his own guide to the Falls of Niagara, 1843 (external scan)
- On impressions of rain-drops in ancient and modern strata, 1851 (external scan)
- A manual of elementary geology; or, The ancient changes of the earth and its inhabitants, as illustrated by geological monuments, 1852 (external scan)
- On the Blackheath pebble-bed, and on certain phaenomena in the geology of the neighbourhood of London, 1852 (external scan) 10 pp.
- Student's Elements of Geology (1878) (external scan)
- Geological Evidences of the Antiquity of Man (1863)
Works about LyellEdit
- "Lyell, (Sir) Charles (Bart.)," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Lyell, Charles (1797-1875)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- "Lyell, Sir Charles," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Lyell, Sir Charles," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Lyell", in Biographies of Scientific Men (1912)
- "Sir Charles Lyell" in Popular Science Monthly, 1 (June 1872)
- "Sir Charles Lyell" in Popular Science Monthly, 20 (March 1882)