Author:Charles Robert Maturin
|←Author Index: Ma||Charles Robert Maturin
|Irish Protestant clergyman (ordained by the Church of Ireland) and a writer of gothic plays and novels. His early work was published under the pseudonym 'Dennis Jasper Murphy'|
- The Fatal Revenge; or, the Family of Montorio (1807), as 'Dennis Jasper Murphy'
- The Wild Irish Boy (1808), as 'Dennis Jasper Murphy'
- The Milesian Chief (1812), as 'Dennis Jasper Murphy'
- Women (1818)
- Melmoth, the Wanderer (1820), in 4 vols. (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3, 4)
- The Albigenses (1824)
- Bertram, a tragedy (1816)
- Manuel (1817)
- Fredolfo (1819)
- The Universe (1821)
Works about MaturinEdit
- "Maturin, Charles Robert," in A Compendium of Irish Biography, by Alfred Webb, Dublin: M. H. Gill & Son (1878)
- "Maturin, Charles Robert," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Maturin, Charles Robert," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)