- (1833) "On the Irony of Sophocles", The Philological Museum, 2: 483–537.
- The Betrothal (1822) Die Verlobung by Ludwig Tieck
- The Pictures (1822) Die Gemälde by Ludwig Tieck
- "On a Passage of the Philoctetes of Sophocles from the German of Welcker", in The Philological Museum, 2: 468–472 (1833), by Friedrich Gottlieb Welcker
- "On the Worth of Socrates as a Philosopher", in The Philological Museum, 2: 538–555 (1833), by Friedrich Schleiermacher
Works about ThirlwallEdit
- "Thirlwall, Connop," in Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition (23) (1888)
- "Thirlwall, Connop," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Thirwall, Connop," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Thirlwall, Connop," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Bishop Thirlwall's Study" in Littell's Living Age, 126 (1632)
- "The Late Bishop Thirlwall" in Littell's Living Age, 126 (1629)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.