Author:D'Arcy Wentworth Thompson
|←Author Index: Th||D'Arcy Wentworth Thompson
|Kt CB FRS FRSE; Scottish biologist, mathematician, and classical scholar; son of D'Arcy Wentworth Thompson, 1829-1902, classicist|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "D. W. T."
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, 1912 supplement.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "D. W. T."
- Sales Attici; or, The maxims witty and wise of Athenian tragic drama, 1867 (external scan)
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited. by Hermann Müller, 1883 (external scan)
- A bibliography of Protozoa, sponges, Coelenterata, and worms, 1885 (external scan)
- A glossary of Greek birds, 1895 (external scan)
- Report by Professor D'Arcy Thompson on his mission to the Behring Sea in 1896, Published 1897 (short work) (external scan)
- The emblem of the crab in relation to the sign cancer, 1909 (short work) (external scan)
- The game of [polis], 1911 (short work) (external scan)
- On Aristotle as a biologist, 1913 (short work) (external scan)
- Also in: Herbert Spencer lectures. Decennial issue, 1905-1914, 1916 (external scan)
- On Growth and Form (1917) (external scan)
- "Ray, John," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Thompson, D’Arcy Wentworth," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1912 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1912) in 3 vols.
Works about ThompsonEdit
- "Thompson, Professor D'Arcy Wentworth," in Thom's Irish Who's Who (p. 246), Dublin: Alexander Thom & Co. (1923)