Author:Douglas William Freshfield
|←Author Index: Fr||Douglas William Freshfield
|British geographer and mountaineer; President of the [Royal Geographical Society, founder of the Geographical Journal |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "D. W. F."
- Thonon to Trent (1865)
- Travels in the central Caucasus and Bashan; including visits to Ararat and Tabreez and ascents of Kazbek and Elbruz (1869)
- Italian Alps, sketches in the mountains of Ticino, Lombardy, the Trentino and Venetia (1875) (external scan)
- Hints to travellers, scientific and general (1893) (external scan)
- The Exploration of the Caucasus (1896; 1902, 2nd ed.) in 2 vols. (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- Round Kangchenjunga; a narrative of mountain travel and exploration (1903) (external scan)
- "The Roads to Tibet", in The Geographical Journal, No. xxiii (Jan. & March 1904)
- Hannibal once more (1914)
- Unto the hills (1914) (external scan)
- The life of Horace Benedict de Saussure, W. Freshfield, with the collaboration of Henry F. Montagnier (1920) (external scan)
- "Ball, John (1818-1889)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1901 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1901) in 3 vols.
- "Whymper, Edward," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1912 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1912) in 3 vols.