Author:Edward Byles Cowell
(Redirected from Author:E. B. Cowell)
- The Harṣa-carita of Bāṇa (tr. 1897) (transcription project)
- "The Mesnavi of Jelaleddin Rumi," The Gentleman's Magazine, N.S. 30, 1848, pp. 39-46, 148-52.
- "Persian Cuneiform Inscriptions and Persian Ballads," Westminster and Foreign Quarterly Review 53, 1850, pp. 38-56.
- "Omar Khayyam, the Astronomer Poet of Persia", Calcutta Review 30, 1858, pp. 149-62.
- "Gyges' Ring in Plato and Nizami," J(R)ASB 3, no. 2, 1861, pp. 151-57.
- "Two Kasídahs of the Persian Poet Anwarí," with E. H. Palmer, The Journal of Philology 4, no. 7, 1872, pp. 1-47.
- Buddhist Mahâyâna Texts. Part 1. The Buddha-karita of Asvaghosha, translated from the Sanskrit, in the Sacred Books of the East, vol. 49, Oxford University Press, 1894.
Works about CowellEdit
- "Cowell, Edward Byles," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Cowell, Edward Byles", in Dictionary of Indian Biography (1906)
- "Cowell, Edward Byles," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1912 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1912) in 3 vols.
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.