|←Author Index: La||Edwin Lankester
|English surgeon and naturalist|
- Regular columns for the Daily News between 1840 and 1846, mostly on medical reform
- An Account of Askern and Its Mineral Springs (1842) ex|https://hdl.handle.net/2027/loc.ark:/13960/t4cn8b40t}}
- Lectures on the Natural History of Plants Yielding Food (1845) (external scan)
- "Rotifera" in Cyclopaedia of Anatomy and Physiology (1847)
- The Aquavivarium, Fresh and Marine: Being An Account of the Principles and Objects Involved in the Domestic Culture of Water Plants and Animals (1856) (external scan)
- "Sanitary Science", with , in Encyclopaedia Britannica (8th edition, 1859)
- Half-Hours with the Microscope: Being a Popular Guide to the Use of the Microscope as a Means of Amusement and Instruction (1859) (external scan)
- On Food (1861) (external scan)
- A School Manual of Health (1868); later editions titled Practical Physiology (external scan)
- A series of "Annual Reports", published from 1866 in the Journal of Social Science.
- Matthias Jakob Schleiden, Principles of Scientific Botany; or, Botany as an Inductive Science (1845) (external scan)
- Friedrich Küchenmeister, On Animal and Vegetable Parasites of the Human Body: A Manual of Their Natural History, Diagnosis, and Treatment (1857) (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
Works about LankesterEdit
- "Lankester, Edwin," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.