- "The Clouds Where Sunbeams Soft Repose"
- "Lake Ontario" (1840)
- "Like Southern Birds"
- "To a Belle Who is Not a Blue Belle" (1842)
- "To the Whippoorwill" (1840)
- "The Vanity of the Vulgar Great" (1840)
- Teresa Contarini (1835)
- Joanna of Sicily (1840)
- Rambles about the Country (1840)
- The Charm (1847/1848)
- The Women of the American Revolution (1848-50) (3 volumes)
- Evenings at Woodlawn (1849)
- Family Pictures from the Bible (1849)
- Domestic History of the American Revolution (1850)
- Watching Spirits (1851)
- Nouvelettes of the Musicians (1851)
- Pioneer Women of the West (1852)
- Summer Rambles in the West (1853)
- The Practical Housekeeper (1857)
- Women Artists in All Ages and Countries (1859)
- The Queens of American Society (1867)
- Court Circles of the Republic (1869)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.
Public domainPublic domainfalse