- as Frances A. Fuller: Anizetta, the Guajira; or, The Creole of Cuba (1848)
- as Frances Fuller Barritt: East and West; or, The Beauty of Willard's Mill (later republished as "The Far West...") (1862) (IA)
- as Frances Fuller Barritt: Alicia Newcome, or The Land Claim: A Tale of the Upper Missouri (1862)
- The New Penelope: And Other Stories and Poems (1877)
- Republished, with a new introduction, in 1998. (IA)
The following lists published works containing Victor's poems. For individual poems, see Index of poem titles.
- Poems of Sentiment and Imagination (1851) as Frances A. Fuller, with Metta Victoria Fuller
- Poetry selections (with biographical intro) in The Poets and Poetry of the West: With Biographical and Critical Notices (1860)
- Poems section in The New Penelope (1877)
- Poems (1900)
- Reviewed in the Pacific Monthly
History and non-fictionEdit
- The River of the West: The Adventures of Joe Meek (1870)
(see "Eleven Years…," below, for a nearly identical text, fully transcribed.)
- Reviewed in the Sacramento Union (1870)
- All Over Oregon and Washington (1872) (IA) (later revised and republished as Atlantis Arisen
- The Women's War with Whisky; Or, Crusading in Portland , pamphlet, 60p., 1874.
- Eleven Years in the Rocky Mountains & A History of the Sioux War (1877)
- Part I: Eleven years in the Rocky Mountains and a life on the frontier (a lightly edited version of River of the West)
- Part II: A History of the Sioux War, and a Life of Gen. George A. Custer, with a Full Account of his Last Battle
- Under contract with Hubert Howe Bancroft:
- History of Oregon in two volumes (1886, 1888)
- History of California: 1846–1848 (1890)
- History of Washington, Idaho, and Montana: 1845–1889 (1890)
- History of Nevada, Colorado, and Wyoming, 1540–1888 (1890)
- History of the Pacific states of North America (1890)
- California Inter Pocula, chapter 19
- Atlantis Arisen: or, Talks of a tourist about Oregon and Washington (1891) (a revised edition of All Over Oregon and Washington)
- The Early Indian Wars of Oregon (1894) (published at the direction of the Oregon Legislature; see House Concurrent Resolution No. 22, 1891.)
- Covered in the Hood River Glacier: "A Woman Historian," and in the Evening Capital Journal
- "Manifest Destiny in the West" (1869), featured in The Overland Monthly
- social columns and other items for the San Francisco Call, some under the penname "Dorothy D" (mid-1870s; 1890s)
- "The Literature of Oregon." The West Shore 1 (1876)
- "Did Dr. Whitman Save Oregon?" in The Californian (1880)
- "Dr. Marcus Whitman: An Estimate of the Services Rendered Oregon by the Pioneer and Martyr", The Oregonian, November 6, 1884.
- "Northern Seaside Resorts" in Overland Monthly (1894)
- "Autobiographical Sketch" in the Oregon Statesman (June 16, 1895)
- "How Oregon Was Saved", San Francisco Daily Call (July 1895)
- "Mrs. Frances Fuller Victor vs. Dr. O. W. Nixon of Chicago", San Francisco Daily Call (September 1895)
- "Early California Literature, San Francisco Call (April 19, 1896)
- H. S. Lyman: Oregonian/1897/Mrs. Victor's Latest Work: Her Book on "The Early Indian Wars of Oregon."
- Minto's response, Oregonian, March 19, 1897.
- Victor's response to Lyman, Oregonian, March 25, 1897.
- Lyman's response
- "She Defends Bancroft", Oregonian, December 22, 1901
In the Oregon Historical Quarterly:
- Scrapbook of a Historian - Frances Fuller Victor, in Oregon Historical Quarterly Volume42, No. 4 (Dec. 1941)
Works about VictorEdit
- Hailed as "Our Lady Historian" early in her career in Oregon: Sacramento Daily Union: Letter from Oregon. 1865.
- A Woman Historian, in the Hood River Glacier, 1895.
- Mrs. Victor Dead, The Morning Oregonian, November 15, 1902.
- Historian of the Northwest (obituary from the Oregon Historical Quarterly, volume 3). (1902)
- Obituary in the Sunday Oregonian
- funeral notice in the Oregonian
- Interesting comment in the Oregonian following her death
- The Origin and Authorship of the Bancroft Pacific States Publications: A History of a History (part 1), concerning her career, in OHQ volume 4. (1903)
- Alfred Powers: Oregon Historical Quarterly/Volume 42/Scrapbook of a Historian - Frances Fuller Victor (1942)
- Hazel Mills: Oregon Historical Quarterly/Volume 62/The Emergence of Frances Fuller Victor-Historian (1961)
- Discussed in San Francisco's Literary Frontier (1939) (IA)