Author:Francis James Child
|←Author Index: Ch||Francis James Child
|American scholar, educator, and folklorist|
The icon identifies that the work includes a spoken word version.
- English and Scottish Ballads, in 8 volumes (1857-1860)
- English and Scottish Popular Ballads, in 10 parts assembled in 5 volumes (1882-1898)
- Although there is much overlap in the contents, the later work cannot be considered a second edition of the earlier work. This work, often with the scholarly commentary stripped out often appears as
- Child's Ballads, a collection of ballads collected by Child.
Works about ChildEdit
- "Child, Francis J.," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Child, Francis James," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)