Author:George Ferguson Bowen
|←Author Index: Bo||George Ferguson Bowen
|British (Irish) colonial administrator. G.C.M.G. 1860; PC. 1886
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography.
Articles written by this author are designated in the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography by the initials "G. F. B."
- Ithaca in 1850 (1851)
- Mount Athos, Thessaly and Epirus (1852)
- Handbook for Travellers in Greece (contributor, 1854)
- Speech of His Excellency the Governor of the Opening of the Session for 1884 of the Legislative Council of Hongkong (1884)
- Thirty Years of Colonial Government (1889)
- Articles signed as [ G. F. B. ] in the Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography
Works about BowenEdit
- "Bowen, Sir George Ferguson," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Bowen, Right Hon. Sir George Ferguson," in The Dictionary of Australasian Biography, by Philip Mennell, London: Hutchinson & Co. (1892)
- "Bowen, George Ferguson," in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
- "Bowen, George Ferguson," in Men of the Time (eleventh edition), by Thompson Cooper, London: George Routledge and Sons (1884)