- International copyright considered in some of its relations to ethics and political economy (1879) external link
- Authors and publishers: a manual of suggestions for beginners in literature (1883) external link
- Prose Masterpieces from Modern Essayists (1885) vol 1, vol 2
- The Question of copyright (1891) external link
- Authors and Their Public in Ancient Times (1893) external link
- The artificial mother, a marital fantasy (1894) external link
- Books and their makers during the middle ages (1896) vol 1, vol 2
- A Memoir of George Palmer Putnam (1903)
- The fiscal question in the United States, from the point of view of a business man (1904) external link
- The censorship of the church of Rome and its influence upon the production and distribution of literature (1906) vol 1, vol 2
- Abraham Lincoln (1909) external link
- The little gingerbread man [c1910] external link
- A prisoner of war in Virginia 1864-5 (1912) external link
- Memories of my youth, 1844-1865 (1914) external link
- Tabular views of universal history (1919) external link
- Memories of a Publisher, 1865-1915 (1915) external link
- The speech that won the East for Lincoln (1922) external link
- “Carl Schurz Attacks Croker and Tammany,” The New York Times, October 23, 1901. (in part)
Works aboout Putnam Edit
- “Introductory Note,” Banquet to the Honorable Carl Schurz, March 2, 1899.
- Addresses in Memory of Carl Schurz, November 21, 1906.
- Henry Ford, The International Jew, Volume 4: Aspects of Jewish Power in the United States, Chapter 73: Jews Are Silent, the National Voice Is Heard (May, 1922).
- Joseph McCabe, A Biographical Dictionary of Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Freethinkers, 1945.
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1928.
This author died in 1930, so works by this author are in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 92 years or less. These works may be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.
Public domainPublic domainfalse