Author:George Smith (1840-1876)
For authors with similar names, see Author:George Smith.
- ‘The Phonetic Values of Cuneiform Characters,’ 1871, 8vo.
- ‘History of Assurbanipal,’ 1871, 8vo.
- ‘Notes on the Early History of Assyria and Babylonia,’ 1872, 8vo.
- ‘Ancient History from the Monuments: Assyria,’ 1875.
- ‘The Assyrian Eponym Canon,’ London, 1875, 8vo; an invaluable pioneer work on Assyrian chronology.
- The Chaldean Account of Genesis (1876)
- ‘Ancient History from the Monuments: Babylonia’ (posthumous), London, 1877, 8vo; 2nd edit., revised by Sayce, 1895.
- ‘The History of Sennacherib’ (for the benefit of Mrs. Smith), 1878, 4to.
Works about SmithEdit
- "Smith, George (1840-1876)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "George Smith" in Littell's Living Age, 131 (1687)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.