Author:Henry Creswicke Rawlinson
(Redirected from Author:Henry Rawlinson)
|←Author Index: Ra||Henry Creswicke Rawlinson
|British officer, archaeologist, and Assyriologist|
This author wrote articles for the Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB9 by the initials "H. C. R."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "H. C. R."
- The Persian Cuneiform Inscription at Behistun (1846-51)
- A Commentary on the Cuneiform Inscriptions of Babylon and Assyria (1850)
- Outline of the History of Assyria (1852)
- Notes on the Early History of Babylonia (1854)
- A translation of History by Herodotus, with John Gardner Wilkinson and George Rawlinson, 1858-1860.
- England and Russia in the East (1875)
- “Baghdad (2.)” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1878).
- “Euphrates” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1878).
- “Kurdistan” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1878).
Works about RawlinsonEdit
- "Rawlinson, Major-General Sir Henry Creswicke," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Obituary: Henry Creswicke Rawlinson" in Popular Science Monthly, 47 (May 1895)
- "Rawlinson, Henry Creswicke," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Rawlinson, Sir Henry Cresswicke," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Rawlinson, Sir Henry Creswicke," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- Generals of the British Army/Rawlinson, General Sir H. S.