Author:Herbert Edward Forrest
|←Author Index: Fo||Herbert Edward Forrest
|British naturalist and antiquary|
- The fauna of Shropshire: being an account of all the mammals, birds, reptiles & fishes found in the county of Salop. With an introduction dealing with the physical features of the county, a copious index, a chapter on the principal naturalists who have done work in connection with the subject, and a short account of the Wild birds protection acts. Shrewsbury: Wilding. 1899. OCLC:1000842610all editions. (external scan) (bhl)
- The vertebrate fauna of North Wales. London: Witherby. 1907. OCLC:6319488all editions.
- The old houses of Shrewsbury: their history and associations (1911) (external scan)
- The old houses of Wenlock and Wenlock Edge: their history and associations (1915). Shrewsbury (Eng.) : Wilding son.
- A Handbook to the vertebrate fauna of North Wales. London: Witherby. 1919. OCLC:4891690all editions. (external scan) (bhl)
- with Forrest, F.B.S. (1923). A History of the Forrest Family of Birmingham & Shrewsbury, with their connections with the Miller, Vaux and Jeffreys families. [With portraits.]. Wellington, Shropshire: Printed for private circulation. OCLC:821787780all editions.
- The old houses of Stratford-upon-Avon (1925). London : Methuen (with 8 plates in colour and 37 other illustrations). OCLC:499420all editions
- The Story of Stokesay Castle. Shrewsbury: Wilding. 1925. OCLC:504485204all editions.
- The Atlantean continent: Its bearing upon the great ice age and the distribution of species. London: Witherby. 1933. OCLC:3143593all editions.
Publications in The ZoologistEdit
- Forrest, H.E. (1900). "The Movements of Starlings". The Zoologist. 4th series, vol 4 (issue 705, March): 131–141.
- (see also: small remark on p. 479).
- 'Breeding of the Tufted Duck (Fuligula cristata) in Shropshire,' in: 4th series, vol 4, issue 713 (November, 1900), p. 506–510.
- short notes in 4th series, vol 4 (1900):
- p. 142 (issue 705, March) - 'Curious Variety of the Mole.'
- p. 143 (issue 705, March) - 'Great Tit nesting in active Bee-hive.'
- p. 143 (issue 705, March) / p. 382 (issue 710, August) - 'Nesting of the Hobby in Shropshire.'
- p. 143 (issue 705, March) - 'Sea-Lamprey at Shrewsbury.'
- p. 186 (issue 706, April) - 'Lesser Shrew in Shropshire.'
- p. 280 (issue 708, June) - 'Little Crake in Shropshire.'
- p. 482 (issue 712, October) - 'The Little Owl in Flintshire?'
- p. 485 (issue 712, October) - 'Vertebrate Fauna of North Wales.'
- short notes in 4th series, vol 5 (1901):
- p. 224 (issue 712, July) - 'Red-footed Falcon (Falco vespertinus) in Shropshire.'
- —— (1901). "Autumnal Litter of Dormice". The Zoologist. 4th series, vol 5 (issue 725, November—section 'Notes and Queries'): 423.
- short notes in 4th series, vol 6 (1902):
Publications in British BirdsEdit
- "Obituary. Jannion Steele Elliott (1871-1942)" (PDF). (1942-07-01) 36 (2): 35.
- (external scan) (2 copies in HathiTrust Digital Library; not full view – 2019-07-30)
- There is an edition 1912, Shrewsbury : Wilding ("Shakespeare birthplace trust Library". Retrieved 2019-07-30.). There is also a third edition 1921 (OCLC:11631653all editions).
- "Shakespeare birthplace trust Library". Retrieved 2019-07-30.
- other online copies: (external scan) (IA), (external scan) (IA).
- other editions: 1927, 1931, 1938 (according to WorldCat).