|←Author Index: Ch||Hester Chapone
|English writer of conduct books for women|
- Letters on the Improvement of the Mind (1773), in 2 vols.
- Miscellanies in Prose and Verse (1775)
- Letter to a New Married Lady (1777)
- The works of Mrs. Chapone: now first collected. Containing I. Letters on the improvement of the mind. II. Miscellanies. III. Correspondence with Mr. Richardson. IV. Letters to Miss Carter. V. Fugitive pieces. To which is prefixed, an account of her life and character, drawn up by her own family (1807), in 4 vols.
Works about ChaponeEdit
- "Chapone, Hester," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Chapone, Hester," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Chapone, Hester," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)