Author:Hugh James Rose
For authors with similar names, see Author:H. J. Rose.
|←Author Index: Ro||Hugh James Rose
|The British Magazine.English churchman and theologian, and founder of|
- A New General Biographical Dictionary (1857), London: B. Fellowes et al.
- Internal Union the Best Safeguard against the Dangers of the Church: A Sermon Preached in the Parish Church of Storrington, July 11, 1822, at the Visitation of the Venerable Charles Webber, A.M. Archdeacon of Chichester. London: Rivington, 1822.
- The State of the Protestant Religion in Germany in a Series of Discourses Preached before the University of Cambridge. Cambridge: Deighton, 1825.
- Inscriptiones Graecae Vetustissimae. Cambridge: Smith, 1825.
- The Commission and Consequent Duties of the Clergy in a Series of Discourses preached before the University of Cambridge in April, 1826. London: Rivington, 1828.
- Christianity Always Progressive, Being the Christian Advocate's Publication for the Year MDCCCXXIX. London: Rivington, 1929.
- A Letter to the Lord Bishop of London, in Reply to Mr. Pusey's work on the Causes of Rationalism in Germany, comprising Some Observations on Confessions of Faith, and Their Advantages. London: Rivington, 1829.
- A Greek and English Lexicon to the New Testament, [with John Parkhurst]. London: Rivington, 1829.
- Eight Sermons Preached before the University of Cambridge at Great St. Mary's in the Years MDCCCXXX and MDCCCXXXI, to Which is Added a Reprint of a Sermon Preached before the University on Commencement Sunday, M.DCCC.XXVI. Cambridge: Deighton, 1831.
- Notices of the Mosaic Law with Some Account of the Opinions of Recent French Writers Concerning It. London: Rivington, 1831.
- The Farmers and the Clergy: Six Letters to the Farmers of England, on Tithes and Church Property. London: Roake and Varty, 1831.
- The Gospel an Abiding System, with Some Remarks on the New Christianity of the St. Simonians. London: Rivington, 1832.
- The Churchman's Duty and Comfort in the Present Times: A Sermon Preached at Ipswich before the Suffolk Society, for the Relief of the Widows and Orphans of the Clergy, on July 18, 1833. London: Rivingtons, 1833.
- An Apology for the Study of Divinity, being the Terminal Divinity Lecture Delivered in Bishop Cosin's Library, before the Bishop, the Dean and Chapter, and the University of Durham. London: Rivington, 1834.
- The Duty of Maintaining the Truth: A Sermon Preached before the University of Cambridge on Sunday, May 18, 1834. London: Rivington, 1834.
- The Study of Church History Recommended, being the Terminal Divinity Lecture Delivered in Bishop Cosin's library, April XV, MDCCCXXXIV, before the Dean, the Chapter, and the University of Durham. London: Rivington, 1834.