Author:James Edmund Fotheringham Harting
|←Author Index: Ha||James Edmund Fotheringham Harting
|English ornithologist and conservationist; librarian and assistant secretary of the Linnean Society |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. E. H."
- The birds of Middlesex. A contribution to the natural history of the county (1866) (external scan)
- The Ornithology of Shakespeare: Critically Examined, Explained, and Illustrated (1871) (external scan)
- Hints on shore shooting; with a chapter on skinning and preserving birds (1871) (external scan)
- A handbook of British birds (1872) (external scan)
- Rambles in Search of Shells, Land and Freshwater (1875) (external scan)
- The fauna of the Prybilov Islands (1875) (external scan)
- Our Summer Migrants: An Account of the Migratory Birds which Pass the Summer in the British Islands (1877) (external scan)
- British Animals Extinct Within Historic Times (1880) (external scan)
- Essays on sport and natural history (1883) (external scan)
- Bibliotheca Accipitraria (1891) (external scan)
- The rabbit; with a chapter on Cookery (1898) (external scan)
- A handbook of British birds, showing the distribution of the resident and migratory species in the British islands, with an index to the records of the rarer visitants (1901) (external scan)
- "Yarrell, William," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.