Author:James Thomson (1700-1748)
For authors with similar names, see Author:James Thomson.
|←Author Index: Th||James Thomson
|Scottish poet and dramatist|
- For ever, Fortune
- The Seasons (1726–1730)
- The Smoaker Smoak'd
- Ode to the Memory of Sir Isaac Newton (1727)
- Britannia (1728)
- Liberty (1734–1736)
- Agamemnon (1738)
- The Castle of Indolence (1748)
- In Poems and Extracts (1905) by William Wordsworth:
Works about ThomsonEdit
- "Life of Thomson" by Robert Shiells in Lives of the Poets of Great Britain and Ireland, to the Time of Dean Swift (1753) edited by Theophilus Cibber (disputed)
- "Thomson, James (1700-1748)," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- “Thomson, James (1700-1748)” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1888).
- "Thomson, James (1700-1748)," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.