Author:Jelinger Cookson Symons
|←Author Index: Sy||Jelinger Cookson Symons
|British barrister and school inspector, author of works on economics, law, and education.|
- A Few Thoughts on Volition and Agency, 1833.
- Arts and Artizans at Home and Abroad, with Sketches of the Progress of Foreign Manufactures, 1839.
- Outlines of Popular Economy, 1840.
- The Attorney and Solicitors Act, 6 & 7 Vict. cap. 73, with an analysis, notes, and index, 1843.
- Parish Settlements and the Practice of Appeal, 1844; 2nd edit. 1846.
- Railway Liabilities as they affect Subscribers, Committees, Allottees, and Scripholders, inter se, and Third Parties, 1846.
- A Plea for Schools, which sets forth the Dearth of Education and the Growth of Crime, 1847.
- Tactics for the Times, as regards the Condition and Treatment of the Dangerous Classes, 1849.
- School Economy, a practical treatise on the best mode of establishing and teaching schools, 1852.
- A Scheme of Direct Taxation, 1853.
- The Industrial Capacities of South Wales, 1855.
- Lunar Motion, the whole Argument stated and illustrated by Diagrams, 1856.
- Sir Robert Peel as a Type of Statesmanship, 1856.
- Milford, Past, Present, and Future, 1857.
- William Burke, the author of "Junius", 1859.
- Rough Types of English Life, 1860.
- "Milford Haven" in Once a Week, Series 1, 1 (1859)
- "The Isles of Scilly" in Once a Week, Series 1, 1 (1859)
- "The School Frigate, the Akbar" in Once a Week, Series 1, 2 (1859)