Author:Jessie Laidlay Weston
(Redirected from Author:Jessie Weston)
|←Author Index: We||Jessie Laidlay Weston
|An independent scholar and folklorist, working mainly on mediaeval Arthurian texts|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "J. L. W."
- The legend of Sir Gawain, 1897 external scan
ARTHURIAN ROMANCES: Unrepresented in Malory’s “Morte d’Arthur” (series):
- I. Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, 1898 external scan
- II. The story of Tristan and Iseult, 1902 external scan
- III. Guingamor, Lanval, Tyolet, Bisclaveret, 1900 external scan
- IV. Morien, 1901 external scan
- V. Sir Cleges. Sir Libeaus Desconus. 1902 external scan
- Sir Gawain at the Grail Castle, 1903 external scan
- VII. Sir Gawain and the Lady of Lys
- King Arthur and his knights: a survey of Arthurian romance, 1899 external scan
- The Legend of Sir Lancelot Du Lac: Studies Upon Its Origin, Development, and Position in the Athurian Romantic Cycle, 1901 external scan
- The romance cycle of Charlemagne and his peers, 1901 external scan
- The three days' tournament, 1902 external scan
- The Legends of the Wagner Drama, 1903 external scan
- The legend of Sir Perceval, 1906 vol 1, vol 2
- “The Grail and the Rites of Adonis” Folk-Lore, volume 18, (1907), pp. 283–305.
- Old English carols from the Hill ms, 1911 external scan
- Romance, vision & satire, 1912 external scan
- The chief Middle English poets, 1913 external scan
- Germany's literary debt to France, 1915 external scan
- “Glastonbury and the Holy Grail” Folk-Lore, volume 32, (1921). pp. 131–133.
- From Ritual to Romance, 1921.