Author:John Abercrombie (1726-1806)
For authors with similar names, see Author:John Abercrombie.
|←Author Index: Ab||John Abercrombie
|Scottish horticulturist and writer|
- Mawe's Gardeners' Calendar
- The Garden Mushroom: Its Nature and Cultivation (1779)
- The British Fruit-Gardener; and Art of Pruning (1779)
- A General System of Trees and Shrubs (1780) (external scan)
- The Complete Forcing-Gardener (1781) (external scan)
- The Universal Dictionary of Gardening and Botany
- Gardeners' Dictionary
- Gardeners' Daily Assistant
- Gardeners' Vade Mecum
- Kitchen Gardener and Hot-bed Forcer
- Hot-house Gardener
Works about AbercrombyEdit
- "Abercromby, John," in A biographical dictionary of eminent Scotsmen, (ed.) by Thomas Thomson, Glasgow: Blackie and Son (1857, 2nd edition) in 9 vols.
- "Abercrombie, John (1726-1806)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.