Author:John Abercrombie (1780-1844)
For authors with similar names, see Author:John Abercrombie.
|←Author Index: Ab||John Abercrombie
|Scottish physician and writer on mental science|
- A probationary chirurgical essay on paralysis of the lower extremities from diseased spine, 1804 (short work) (external scan)
- Pathological and practical researches on diseases of the brain and the spinal cord, 1828 (external scan)
- Pathological and practical researches on diseases of the stomach, the intestinal canal, the liver, and other viscera of the abdomen, 1830 (external scan)
- Enquiries concerning the Intellectual Powers and the Investigation of Truth (1830) (external scan)
- On the characters and treatment of the malignant cholera, 1832 (external scan)
- The Philosophy of the Moral Feelings (1833) (external scan)
- Essays, 1845 (external scan)
Works about AbercrombieEdit
- "Abercrombie, John (1780-1844)," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Abercrombie, John," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Abercrombie, John," in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- "Abercrombie, John," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)