Author:John Ferguson McLennan
|←Author Index: Mc||John Ferguson McLennan
|Scottish author, ethnologist, and sociologist|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "J. F. M‘L"
- Primitive Marriage. An inquiry into the origin of the form of capture in marriage ceremonies (1865) (external scan)
- Memoir of Thomas Drummond, R.E.,F.R.A.S., under secretary to the lord lieutenant of Ireland, 1835-1840 (1867) external scan
- The Patriarchal Theory, 1885 Index:The patriarchal theory; based on the papers of the late John Ferguson McLennan (IA patriarchaltheor00mcleiala).pdf
- Studies in ancient history. The second series; comprising an inquiry into the origin of exogamy, 1896 external scan
- "Werwolf," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (in part)
Works about McLennanEdit
- "M'Lennan, John Ferguson," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "McLennan, John Ferguson," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.