Author:John Ramsay McCulloch
|←Author Index: Mc||John Ramsay McCulloch
|Scottish economist, statistician, author and editor|
- An Essay on a Reduction of the Interest of the National Debt (1816).
- 'On Ricardo's Principles of Political Economy and Taxation' (1818), in: Edinburgh Review.
- 'Taxation and the Corn Laws' (1820), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'The Opinions of Messrs. Say, Sismondi and Malthus, on Effects of Machinery and Accumulation' (1821), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'On Combination Laws, Restraints on Emigration, &c.' (1824), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'Political Economy' (1824), in: Encyclopædia Britannica.
- 'French Law of Succession' (1824), in: Edinburgh Review.
- A Discourse on the Rise, Progress, Peculiar Objects and Importance of Political Economy: containing an Outline of a Course of Lectures on the Principles and Doctrines of that Science
- The Principles of Political Economy,
- Outlines of political economy, 1825 external scan
- An Essay on the Circumstances which Determine the Rate of Wages and the Condition of the Working Classes (1826).
- 'On Commercial Revulsions' (1826), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'Abolition of the Corn Laws' (1826), in: Edinburgh Review
- Historical sketch of the Rise and Progress of the Science Political Economy, 1826 external scan
- 'On Poor Laws' (1828), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'Rise, Progress, Present State, and Prospects of the British Cotton Manufacture' (1827), in: Edinburgh Review.
- 'Introduction' to An Inquiry Into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith (ed. J.R. McCulloch) (1828).
- Historical sketch of the Bank of England, 1831 external scan
- 'Jones on the Theory of Rent' (1831), in: Edinburgh Review.
- Principles, Practice and History of Commerce (1831). external scan
- 'Chalmers on Political Economy' (1832), in: Edinburgh Review.
- A Dictionary, Practical, Theoretical and Historical of Commerce and Commercial Navigation (1832). external scan
- A Descriptive and Statistical Account of the British Empire, exhibiting its extent, physical capacities, population, industry, and civil and religious institutions; 2 volumes
- Statements Illustrative of the Policy and Probable Consequence of the Proposed Repeal of the Existing Corn Law (1841). short work external scan
- M'Culloch's Universal Gazetteer. A dictionary, geographical, statistical, and historical, of the various countries, places, and principal natural objects in the world, 1843 external scan
- The Literature of Political Economy (1845). (external scan)
- The Works of David Ricardo, Esq. with a notice of the life and writings of the author (ed. J.R. McCulloch) (1846). external scan
- A cyclopædia of commerce, mercantile law, finance, commercial geography, and navigation, 1847 external scan
- A Treatise on the Succession to Property Vacant by Death (1848). external scan
- Essays on interest, exchange, coins, paper money, and banks, 1851 external scan
- Treatises and essays on subjects connected with economical policy: with biographical sketches of Quesnay, Adam Smith & Ricardo, 1853 external scan
- A select collection of scarce and valuable tracts on money, from the originals of Vaughan, Cotton, Petty, Lowndes, Newton, Prior, Harris, and others, 1856 external scan
- A Treatise on the Circumstances which Determine the Rate of Wages, 1854 external scan
- A Treatise on Metallic and Paper Money and Banks (1858). external scan
- A select collection of scarce and valuable tracts and other publications on paper currency and banking, 1857 external scan
- Treatises and Essays Treatises and essays on money, exchange, interests, the letting of land, absenteeism, the history of commerce, manufactures, etc.; with accounts of the lives and writings of Quesnay, Adam Smith & Ricardo, (1859). external scan
- A Treatise on the Principles and Practical Influence of Taxation and the Funding System (1863). external scan