|←Author Index: Va||John Varley
|British painter and astrologer|
- A Treatise on the Principles of Landscape Drawing...
- A Practical Treatise on the Art of Drawing in Perspective:adapted for the study of those who draw from nature; by which the usual errors can be avoided; printed for Sherwood, Gilbert, and Piper,...and R.Ackermann, ..., London ?1815/1820?
- A Treatise on Zodiacal Physiognomy, illustrated by engravings of heads and features, and accompanied by tables of the time of rising of the twelve signs of the zodiac; and containing also new and astrological explanations of some remarkable portions of ancient mythological history; published for the author, 10 1/2, Great Tichfield Street, London 1928; sold by Longman; IV, 60pp.: 6 Plates, (8vo), 25 cm; plates engraved by J.Linnell.
- William Blake (Symons)/Extract from Varley's Zodiacal Physiognomy
Works about VarleyEdit
- James Holmes and John Varley, London, R. Bentley, Alfred Thomas Story 1894 (external scan)
- "Varley, John," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Varley, John," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.