|←Author Index: Li||Joseph Lister
|1st Baron Lister; OM, FRS; English surgeon who promoted the idea of sterile surgery |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "J. L."
- On the Antiseptic Principle of the Practice of Surgery The Lancet (1867)
- "On the Early Stages of Inflammation", Philosophical Transactions
- "On the Minute Structure of Involuntary Muscular Fibre" Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh
- "On the Muscular Tissue of the Skin" Microscopical Journal
- The third Huxley lecture: delivered before the Medical School of Charing Cross Hospital (1907)
Works about ListerEdit
- "The New Baronet — Mr. Joseph Lister," in The Times (1883)
- "Lister, Joseph Jackson," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.