|←Author Index: El||Mountstuart Elphinstone
|Scottish statesman and historian, associated with the government of British India; Governor of Bombay where he is credited with the opening of several educational institutions accessible to the Indian population; noted administrator, he wrote books on India and Afghanistan|
- History of India: Hindoo and Mohammedan Periods (1841)
- Twenty-Ninth Convocation Address of the University of Madras. (1886)
Works about ElphinstoneEdit
- “The Honourable Mountstuart Elphinstone” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1875–1889).
- "Elphinstone, Mountstuart," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Elphinstone, Mountstuart," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Elphinstone, Mountstuart," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)