- Carolyn Wells: "An Easy Errand" (1910, Harper's Magazine)
- Clarence Budington Kelland: "The Ennui of Cap'n Peek" (1910, Harper's Magazine)
- Ellis Parker Butler: "The House That Would Not Wait" (1911, Canada west Monthly)
- James Barnes: "The Itinerant Diamond Mine" (1909, Harper's Magazine)
- Lewis Caroll: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1901) IA
- Philip Curtiss: "The Crocodile's Half-sister" (1920, Harper's Magazine)
- Wallace Irwin: "Starch and Gasolene" (1917, Harper's Magazine)
- Various authors: Favorite Fairy Tales: The childhood choice of representative men and women (1907) IA
- The 20-Mule-Team Brigade: Being a story in jingles of the good works and adventures of the famous "Twenty-Mule-Team" (1904) IA
- The Peter Newell Mother Goose (1905) IA
- The Hole Book (1908) IA
- Peter Newell's Pictures and Rhymes (1910) IA
- The Slant Book (1910) PG
- The Rocket Book (1912) PG
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1928.
The longest-living author of these works died in 1924, so these works are in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 98 years or less. These works may be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.