Author:Titus Maccius Plautus(Redirected from Author:Plautus)
|←Author Index: Pl||Titus Maccius Plautus
(c. 254 BCE – 184 BCE)
|Roman comic playwright|
- Miles Gloriosus
- Mostellaria (The Haunted House)
- The Comedies of Plautus, translated into familiar blank verse, by Bonnell Thornton (vols. I, II) and Richard Warner (vols. III, IV, V)
- First edition (1767), volumes I & II only
- Second edition (1769–1774), vols. I & II (1769); vols. III & IV (1772); vol. V (1774)
- The Comedies of Plautus, literally translated into English prose, with notes, by Henry Thomas Riley (1852)
Works about PlautusEdit
- “Plautus”, by William Smith in Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology, 1870.
- Plautus and Terence by William Lucas Collins, 1873.
- "Plautus, Titus Maccius," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Plautus, Titus Maccius," by Edward Adolf Sonnenschein in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- An Introduction to Latin Textual Emendation: Based on the Text of Plautus, London (1896, Lindsay)