Author:Publius Terentius Afer
- Andria, The Girl from Andros (166 BCE)
- Hecyra, The Mother-in-Law (165 BCE)
- Heauton Timorumenos, The Self-Tormentor (163 BCE)
- Phormio (161 BCE)
- Eunuchus, The Eunuch (161 BCE)
- Adelphoe, The Brothers (160 BCE)
- Terence's Comedies Made English: With His Life, and Some Remarks at the End (1733) by Laurence Echard external scan
- Comedies. by Mr. Thomas Cooke vol 1, vol 2
- Comedies (1767), by Samuel Patrick vol 1, vol 2
- The Comedies of Terence, in 2 vols., trans. George Colman the Elder
- A new translation of the Heautontimorumenos, and Adelphi of Terence: in prose (1777) external scan
- Four comedies of Terence (1824), by George Sackville Cotter external scan
- The Andrian, Heautontimoreumenos, and Hecyra of Terence (1836), by Jonathan Adair Phillips (short work) external scan
- The Comedies of Terence, and the Fables of Phædrus (1853), trans. Henry Thomas Riley (transcription project)
- Comedies of Publius Terentius Afer (1870), trans. John Benson Rose (transcription project)
- Terence: with an English translation (1918), by John Sargeaunt vol 1, vol 2
Works about TerenceEdit
- Plautus and Terence by William Lucas Collins, 1873.
- “P. Terentius Afer”, by William Bodham Donne in Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology, 1870.
- "Terence," in Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition (23) (1888).
- "Terence," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Terence," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911).
On his worksEdit
- On the Relative Value of the Mss. of Terence by Ernest M. Pease Published January 1, 1887 (short work) external scan
- The Treatment of Nature in the plays of Plautus and Terence, M.A. thesis by Lillian Effie Case (1900) external scan
- The illustrated Terence manuscripts, by Karl E. Weston, Harvard Studies in Classical Philology 14: 37-54. (January 1, 1903) external scan
- The Art of Terence, by Gilbert Norwood (1923) external scan
On his language and prosodyEdit
- Archaisms of Terence Mentioned in the Commentary of Donatus, by Kirby Flower Smith (1890) external scan
- The Substantives of Terence, by Moses Stephen Slaughter (1891) external scan
- An Introduction to the Verse of Terence, by Herman Wadsworth Hayley (1894) external scan
- The Interjections in Terence. by Walter Russell Newton (1899) external scan
- An inquiry into the nature and history of Greek and Latin poetry; by John Sidney Hawkins, 1817. external scan
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.