Author:Richard Bowdler Sharpe
- Catalogue of the Accipitres, or diurnal birds of prey, in the collection of the British Museum (1874)
- Catalogue of the Striges, or nocturnal birds of prey, in the collection of the British museum (1875)
- The Birds of South Africa, by Edgar Leopold Layard (first ed. 1867), 2nd ed. 1875 revised by Bowdler Sharpe. (external scan)
- Catalogue of the Passeriformes, or perching birds, in the collection of the British museum (1877)
- A monograph of the Hirundinidae (1894)
- A Monograph of The Alcedinidae, or Family of Kingfishers (1868–1871)
- An Analytical Index to the Works of the Late John Gould (1893)
- Catalogue of the Picariae in the collection of the British museum (1892)
- Catalogue of the Fulicariae … and Alectorides … in the collection of the British museum (1894)
- A Hand-book to the Birds of Great Britain. London: W.H. Allen & Co., Ltd. 1894–1897. (external scan) (in four volumes: 1894–1897)
- Catalogue of the Limicolae in the collection of the British museum (1896)
- Lydekker, R; Bowdler Sharpe, R.; Kirby, F.; Garstang, W.; Woodward, B.B.; Bather, F.A.; Kirkpatrick, R.; Pocock, R.I.; Bernard, M.H. (1897). Alfred H. Miles, ed. Natural History. London: Hutchinson & Co. also titled The Concise Knowledge Natural History (external scan) (also published in New York : D. Appleton & Cy., Concise Knowledge Library (external scan))
- Catalogue of the Plataleae, Herodiones, Steganopodes, Pygopodes, Alcae, and Impennes in the collection of the British museum (1898)
- Sketch Book of British Birds. (1898) (external scan)
- "Descriptions of Two new Species of African Birds", 1871, Ibis. 1(1): 100–102. BHL; Q90406255
- "Notes on a collection of birds made by Mr. John Whitehead on the Mountain of Kina Balu, in Northern Borneo, with descriptions of new species", 1887, Ibis (5)5: 435–454.
Contributions to Transactions and Proceedings of the New Zealand InstituteEdit
- On Apteryx bulleri (1888)
Works about SharpeEdit
- "Sharpe, Richard Bowdler," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1912 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1912) in 3 vols.
- review of Layard 1875 (rev. Sharpe) in The Zoologist, 3rd series vol 1 (1877), issue 8, August, p. 350–351
- review of Sharpe 1894–1897 in: The Zoologist, 4th series, vol 1 (1897), issue 677, November, pp. 523–525
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.