|←Author Index: Ca||Robert Caldwell
|British clergyman and orientalist who pioneered the study of the Dravidian languages; coadjutor bishop of Madras|
- A Comparative Grammar of the Dravidian or South-Indian Family of Languages (1856; 2nd ed., 1875) (external scan)
- Lectures on the Tinnevelly Missions (1857) (external scan)
- A Political and General History of the District of Tinnevelly in the Presidency of Madras from the Earliest Period to Its Cession to the English Government in A.D. 1801 (1881) (external scan)
Works about CaldwellEdit
- "Caldwell, Robert," in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
- "Caldwell, Right Rev. Robert," in Dictionary of Indian Biography (p. 67), by C. E. Buckland, London: Swan Sonnenschein (1906)