Author:Roderick Impey Murchison
|←Author Index: Mu||Roderick Impey Murchison
|Scottish geologist who invented the Silurian system|
- Geology of Cheltenham (1834)
- The Silurian System (1839)
- On the Geological Structure of the Northern and Central Regions of Russia in Europe (1841)
- The Geology of Russia in Europe and the Ural Mountains, with Philippe Édouard Poulletier de Verneuil and Alexander von Keyserling, in two volumes (1845)
- Notice, in The South Staffordshire Coalfield, Joseph Beete Jukes, second edition, H.M. Stationery Office. (1859)
Works about MurchisonEdit
- "Sir Roderick Impey Murchison". The Athenaeum (No. 2296): 563–564. 28 October 1871.
- "Murchison, Roderick Impey," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Murchison, Sir Roderick Impey," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)