(Redirected from Author:Saint Patrick)
|←Author Index: Pa||Patrick
(c. 385 – c. 461/493)
|British missionary and patron saint of Ireland; also known as Patricius|
- The Writings of Saint Patrick, the Apostle of Ireland, ed. and trans. by Charles Henry Hamilton Wright (1894).
Works about PatrickEdit
- Collected in The Most Ancient Lives of Saint Patrick, 1874, edited by James O'Leary:
- "Patrick, St," by Edmund Crosby Quiggin in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "St. Patrick," by Patrick Francis Cardinal Moran in Catholic Encyclopedia, (ed.) by Charles G. Herbermann and others, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)
- "Patrick, Saint," in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- "Patrick, St.," in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- "Patrick (373-463)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- "A Sketch of the Life and Labours of Patrick, The Apostle of the Irish", published in Obituary of the members of the Society of Friends in Great Britain and Ireland, for the year 1850 (1850).
- "Hymn to St. Patrick" by Sister Agnes (c. 1853)
- "S. Patrick's Purgatory" in Curious Myths of the Middle Ages by Sabine Baring-Gould (1866).
- "Blessed Patrick of the Bells" in A Book of Saints and Wonders by Lady Gregory (1906).
- "St. Patrick" in First and Last by Hilaire Belloc (1911).