Author:Thomas Babington Macaulay
|←Author Index: Ma||Thomas Babington Macaulay
|nineteenth century British poet, historian and Whig politician|
This author wrote articles for the Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB9 by the initials "M."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "M."
- Pompeii: a poem, 1819 (short work) (external scan)
- Government of India (1833)
- Critical and Miscellaneous Essays, 1840 (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Horatius (1842)
- Copyright Law (1841)
- Second Speech on Copyright Law (1842)
- Lays of Ancient Rome (1842) (external scan)
- The Gates of Somnauth (1843)
- Critical and historical essays contributed to the Edinburgh review, 1843 (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3)
- Macaulay's miscellanies, 1846 (external scan)
- The History Of England From the Accession of James II (1848)
- Speeches, parliamentary and miscellaneous, 1853 (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- The works of Joseph Addison, (contributor), 1854 (external scan)
- Lord Byron, 1856 (external scan)
- New biographies of illustrious men, 1857 (external scan)
- Biographical and historical sketches, 1857 (external scan)
- Life of William Pitt, 1859 (external scan)
- The miscellaneous writings of Lord Macaulay, 1860 (external scan)
- Essays on Chatham
- Essay on Warren Hastings
- “Francis Atterbury” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1878).
- “Johnson, Samuel” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1881).
Works about MacauleyEdit
- "Lord Macaulay" by Harriet Martineau, in Once a Week (1860).
- In: A first gallery of literary portraits by George Gilfillan, Published 1851 external link
- Macauley's essay on Sir William Temple, 1905 external link
- "Macaulay, Thomas Babington Macaulay, Baron," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Macaulay, Thomas Babington, Lord," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Macaulay, Thomas Babington," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.