Author:Thomas Davidson (1840-1900)
|←Author Index: Da||Thomas Davidson
|LL.D. Philosopher, lecturer, linguist, translator, and author|
This author wrote articles for the Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB9 by the initials "T. Da."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "T. Da."
- “Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1875–1889).
- "Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- Thomas Davidson (1882). Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. Boston: Brown, Little, & Co.
- Giordano Bruno: Philosopher and Martyr, with Daniel Garrison Brinton 1890 external scan
- Aristotle and ancient educational ideals, 1892 external scan
- The education of the Greek people and its influence on civilization, 1894 external scan
- A Short Account of the Niobe Group, 1875 (short work) external scan
- The philosophical system of Antonio Rosmini-Serbati, 1882 external scan
- The Parthenon frieze, and other essays, 1882 external scan
- The life and genius of Goethe, 1886. With others. external scan
- Prolegomena to In memoriam, 1889 external scan
- Rousseau and education according to nature, 1898 external scan
- A history of education, 1900 external scan
- Chambers's twentieth century dictionary of the English language, 1903 (ed) external scan
- The education of the wage-earners; 1904 external scan
- The philosophy of Goethe's Faust; 1906 external scan
- The Lincoln monument, 1912 external scan
Articles in The Philosophical ReviewEdit
Works about DavidsonEdit
- The life of a Scottish probationer, 1889 external scan
- Philosophers and scientists, 1899 external scan
- Some nineteenth century Scotsmen; being personal recollections