Author:Thomas Robert Malthus
(Redirected from Author:Thomas Malthus)
|←Author Index: Ma||Thomas Malthus
|English political economist and demographer who expressed views on population growth and noted the potential for populations to increase rapidly|
- An Essay on the Principle of Population (1798)
- An Investigation of the Cause of the Present High Price of Provisions (1800)
- A letter to Samuel Whitbread, Esq. M.P. on his proposed Bill for the Amendment of the Poor Laws (1807)
- 1808. Spence on Commerce. Edinburgh Review 11, January, 429–448.
- 1808. Newneham and others on the state of Ireland. Edinburgh Review 12, July, 336–355.
- 1809. Newneham on the state of Ireland, Edinburgh Review 14 April, 151–170.
- 1811. Depreciation of paper currency. Edinburgh Review 17, February, 340–372.
- 1812. Pamphlets on the bullion question. Edinburgh Review 18, August, 448–470.
- 1813. A letter to the Rt. Hon. Lord Grenville. Johnson, London. (external scan)
- Observations on the Effects of the Corn Laws (1814)
- The Grounds of an Opinion on the Policy of Restricting the Importation of Foreign Corn (1815)
- An Inquiry Into the Nature and Progress of Rent (1815)
- 1817. Statement respecting the East-India College. Murray, London. (external scan)
- Principles of Political Economy (1820)
- 1821. Godwin on Malthus. Edinburgh Review 35, July, 362–377.
- 1823. The measure of value stated and illustrated
- 1823. Tooke – On high and low prices. Quarterly Review, 29 (57), April, 214–239.
- 1824. Political economy. Quarterly Review 30 (60), January, 297–334.
- 1829. On the measure of the conditions necessary to the supply of commodities. Transactions of the Royal Society of Literature of the United Kingdom. 1, 171–180. Google Books
- 1829. On the meaning which is most usually and most correctly attached to the term Value of a Commodity. Transactions of the Royal Society of Literature of the United Kingdom. 2, 74–81. Google Books
Works about MalthusEdit
- "Malthus, Thomas Robert," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Mr. Malthus," in The Spirit of the Age (pp. 253−276), London: Henry Colburn (1825)
- "Malthus, Thomas Robert," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- "Malthus, Thomas Robert," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)