Author:Thomas Sheridan (1719-1788)
For authors with similar names, see Author:Thomas Sheridan.
|←Author Index: Sh||Thomas Sheridan
|Thomas SheridanIrish stage actor and educator; godson of Jonathan Swift; son of|
- British Education, or the Source of the Disorders of Great Britain (1756)
- A Dissertation on the Causes of the Difficulties, Which Occur, in Learning the English Tongue (1762)
- A Course of Lectures on Elocution, with Two Dissertations and Some Tracts (1763)
- A Plan of Education for the Young Nobility and Gentry (1769)
- Lectures on the Art of Reading (1775)
- A General Dictionary of the English Language (1780)
- The Life of the Rev. Dr. Jonathan Swift (1784)
- The Works of the Rev. Dr. Jonathan Swift (1784)
Works about SheridanEdit
- "Sheridan, Thomas," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Sheridan," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911), article covers four members of the Sheridan family, including Thomas.
- "Sheridan, Thomas (1719-1788)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.