Author:Vivian Byam Lewes
|←Author Index: Le||Vivian Byam Lewes
|F.I.C., F.C.S., Professor of Chemistry, Royal Naval College, Greenwich; Chief Superintending Gas Examiner to the Corporation of the City of London; vice-president of the Institute of Naval Architects|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "V. B. L."
- Air and Water (1892) (external scan)
- Acetylene: A Handbook for the Student and Manufacturer (1900) (external scan)
- Liquid and Gaseous Fuels (1907) (external scan)
- The Carbonisation of Coal (1912) (external scan)
- Service chemistry; a manual of chemistry and metallurgy and their application in the naval and military services (1913) (external scan)
Contributions to Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th ed.Edit
- "Acetylene," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Gas," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (Gas Manufacture. 1. Illuminating Gas)
- "Lighting," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (Oil and Gas)
Articles in Popular Science MonthlyEdit
Works about LewesEdit
- "Vivian Byam Lewes". J. Chem. Soc., Trans. 109: 382–385. 1916.